My blueprint for a fully dynamic day-night cycle setup. Download here.
Quick setup instructions:
- Extract archive;
- Copy the "Content" folder into your project folder (it should merge with the content folder already there);
- When it asks if you want to merge folders, say yes;
- Launch UnrealEd, and load the project you copied that folder to;
- Go to 'File > Open Level' and choose "TimeOfDayTemplate.umap" (it should be located under \YourProject\Content\Maps);
- Hit simulate, and watch the sun move!
Experiment with the properties in the blueprint. I've written comments for all of them (I think), so it shouldn't be too hard to figure it out. Quick tip: If you want to change the speed of time, "Time Speed" is what you're looking for.
For more details and information, see here: http://gregoryjb.blogspot.com/2014/06/time-of-day-blueprint-guide.html
Version 1.2, 6/23/14, http://www.filedropper.com/daycycleskydome12
Added support for a moon;
Improved organization of variables, added new "ToD - Debug" section;
Fixed sun to move from East to West;
Sun's rotation is now calculated from a curve, use this to set sunrise/sunset times;
Added sample map;
Version 1.1, 6/19/14, https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B08tl8_2TWd1RzM3TE01VFlzYzQ/edit?usp=sharing
Changed sun's rotation to be based on time, not vice versa;
Split into multiple functions, for readability;
Various minor improvements;